Motor Vehicle Registration

Decorative graphic

Below you will find the laws and forms regarding Motor Vehicle Registration and Titling in the State of Kentucky

Decorative graphic

Junked Vehicles

In order to junk a vehicle, the current license plate and title must be submitted to the County Clerk's office and the title must be clear of all liens. Additionally, all property taxes must be paid or exonerated by the Property Valuation Administrator There is a $1.00 fee to junk a vehicle.

If the title or plate has been lost or destroyed and the owner still has possession of the vehicle, they must complete form TC 96-167, sign it, and have it notarized.

If the vehicle has been disposed of in a junkyard or to another individual and the title is lost, a duplicate title can be requested.



Affidavit for Replacement or Non Exchange